What kind of data we collect?
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (hereafter, the “Regulation”) establishes rules relating to the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, as well as rules relating to the free movement of such data and it protects the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons, with particular reference to the right to the protection of personal data.
More specifically, the Art. 4 of the Regulation establishes the following:
– ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person (art. 4 n. 1 of Regulation);
– ‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction (art. 4 n. 2 of Regulation)
Pursuant to articles 12 and following of the Regulation, it is also provided that the data subject must be made aware of the appropriate information relating to the processing activities that are carried out by the data controller and the rights of the data subject.
When you take part in activities within the Young Manufacturing Leaders (YML) project and network, our organization will collect and process some of your personal data, in this document you will find all the information regarding this activity.
The Data Controller pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of the Regulation provides the following information:
World Manufacturing Foundation
Via Pantano 9
20122 Milano (MI) – Italy
FISCAL ID NUMBER 97823660150
Phone: +39 0258370812
During their normal operation, the IT systems and software procedures used to operate this website acquire some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols.
This is information that is not collected to be associated with identified interested parties, but which by its very nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified.
This category of data includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users who connect to the site, the addresses in URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used in submitting the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the operating system and the user’s computer environment.
These data are used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the site and to check its correct functioning and are deleted immediately after processing.
The data could be used to ascertain responsibility in case of hypothetical computer crimes against the site.
Purpose and legal basis
We process the data collected to offer you the opportunity to become part of the Young Manufacturing Leaders network and the related City Hub chapter to inform you about its activities and/or to offer you more personalized information that meets your interests.
JOIN THE YML NETWORK
We process your data to guarantee you access to Young Manufacturing Leaders activities, including:
- registration for events and activities reserved only for members of the network
- Provide you with information relating to the initiatives and activities of the Young Manufacturing Leaders project via newsletter.
These treatments are necessary to properly provide the services made available as part of the YML project to which you have requested membership.
TO PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR ACTIVITIES AND IMPROVE OUR EFFICIENCY
We use the collected data, in the event that you have explicitly given us your consent, to inform you about local and international YML promotional activities that may be of interest to you, as well as to improve the efficiency of our organization in providing the services in the context of the YML project you have applied for.
In particular we use them for:
- send information on the YML and the related activities of the City Hub network (local YML chapters);
- send reports on events, seminars, training opportunities promoted by the YML and by the network of the relevant City Hubs (local chapters YML);
- send YML digital publications free of charge;
- communicate promotional activities relating to the theme “young people and manufacturing” organized by the YML Partners network and the local “City Hub” chapters, or events, initiatives or partnerships, via digital channels (e-mail, social network, sms).
We also process your data to improve and implement the activities of the YML network, through the following treatment:
- market research, optional surveys and activities for detecting the degree of user satisfaction.
Finally, we process your personal data for the following purposes
- respond to requests sent by the user via email and/or form on the website; the legal basis for the listed treatments is represented by the contractual fulfillment as indicated in art. 6 par. 1 letter b) of EU Regulation 2016/679;
- make navigation of the site possible and functional, as well as guaranteeing an adequate level of security, integrity and availability of the same; the legal basis for this type of treatment is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller as provided for by art. 6 par. 1 letter f) of EU Regulation 2016/679;
- for the analysis of statistical data on aggregate and/or anonymous data, with the aim of monitoring the correct functioning of the website, usability traffic and interest; the legal basis for this type of treatment is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller as provided for by art. 6 par. 1 letter f) of EU Regulation 2016/679;
- ascertain, exercise and/or defend a right in court; the legal basis for this type of treatment is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller as provided for in art.6 par. 1 letter f) of EU Regulation 2016/679;
- to fulfill the obligations established by law, by a regulation, by community legislation or by an order of the Authority; the legal basis for this type of treatment is represented by compliance with the law to which the Data Controller is subjected as required by art. 6 par.1 lett. c)
When you join the Young Manufacturing Leaders network, we ask you for some data necessary to participate in the activities promoted by the YML network and / or the City Hub (local YML Chapter) related to your place of residence, according to the “YML City Hub Guidelines”.
The data necessary for the pursuit of the aforementioned purposes will be collected and processed:
Name and surname
- Address, e-mail and password
- Date of birth
- City or municipality
- Country of Residence
- Telephone number
- educational qualification / occupation
Refusal to provide data
Apart from what is specified for navigation data, users/visitors are free to provide their personal data. The provision of data is in some cases necessary because, any refusal to provide it, could result in the failure to conclude or incorrect fulfillment of the contract of which the data subject is a part and/or failure to comply with the legal obligations to which the Data Controller is subject.
The provision of data for treatments that require consent is optional, failure to provide it will not make it impossible to use the products / services offered by the owner. Even in the case of consent, the data subject will still have the right to subsequently object, in whole or in part, to the processing of their personal data for the purposes set out above, making a simple request to the Data Controller at the addresses indicated above.
In accordance with the provisions of art. 5 of the Regulation, the personal data being processed will be:
- processed in a lawful, correct and transparent way towards the interested party;
- collected and recorded for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and subsequently processed in terms compatible with these purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary with respect to the purposes for which they are processed;
- exact and, if necessary, updated;
- treated in such a way as to guarantee an adequate level of security;
- stored in a form that allows the identification of the interested party for a period of time not exceeding the achievement of the purposes for which they are processed.
The treatment will be carried out both with manual and/or IT and telematic tools with organization and processing logics strictly related to the purposes themselves and in any case in order to guarantee the security, integrity and confidentiality of the data in compliance with the organizational, physical measures and logics required by current provisions.
Data communication and dissemination
Personal data may be communicated to the persons authorized to process, as well as to the external data processors appointed by the Data Controller (the complete list of external managers is available from the Data Controller), responsible for managing the purposes set out above. As part of the pursuit of the aforementioned purposes, the data may be disclosed to other subjects who act as independent Data Controllers.
The data collected, within the framework of the activities carried out for the Young Manufacturing Leaders project, may be passed on to:
- the Young Manufacturing Leaders Project Partners such as, Politecnico di Milano, City Hub (chapter YML) relevant for your current place of residence that takes on tasks strictly connected to the functioning – including technical – of the activities of the YML network, such as the suppliers that provide Tecnoligieas Information and Communication services, advertisement review and testing, customer care services, archiving, administration, payment and accounting, associated companies that demonstrate technical components for the provision of some service functions;
- institutions and administrative and judicial authorities as required by law.
Only if you wish can your image and the link to your LinkedIn profile be posted on the YML website to facilitate networking opportunities.
Data transfer abroad
For the purposes indicated above, personal data will be processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). If they are transferred to third countries, in the absence of an adequacy decision by the European Commission, the provisions of the applicable legislation on the transfer of personal data to third countries will be respected, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses provided by the European Commission. For partners and sponsors whose establishment is located in non-EU countries, consent for the transfer is required and for each person with these characteristics the country will be specified.
In general, personal data will be kept for the time strictly necessary to pursue the purposes for which they were collected and subjected to processing, including the retention period required by applicable legislation and, in any case, for a maximum period of 10 years from the termination of the relationship between the Data Controller anda data subject, for a maximum period of 2 years or until revocation for the purposes in which your consent is required, except for the possible need of the Data Controller to defend his right in court.
Rights of the data subjects
Pursuant to European Regulation 679/2016 art. from 15 to 22 and of the current national legislation, the data subject may, according to the methods and within the limits established by the current legislation, exercise the following rights:
– request confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning him (right of access);
– know its origin;
– receive intelligible communication;
– have information about the logic, methods and purposes of the treatment;
– request the updating, correction, integration, cancellation, transformation into anonymous form, blocking of data processed in violation of the law, including those no longer necessary for the pursuit of the purposes for which they were collected;
– as well as, more generally, exercise all the rights that are recognized by the current provisions of the law.
The exercise of rights may take place by sending a request that must be addressed without any formality to the Data Controller at the addresses indicated above.
Before providing an answer, the Data Controller may need to identify the data subject, by requesting to provide a copy of his identity document.
Written feedback will be provided without undue delay and, in any case, no later than one month after receipt of the request.
In the event that the data subject believes that the processing of their personal data violates the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679, he has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, pursuant to art. 77 of the Regulation itself, as well as resorting to the judicial authority.
This information has been updated on 03/05/2022